"Forward to the East Sea” - IPC's firmly development strategy
Elements of development: studying the formation process of Saigon - Cho Lon and Gia Dinh urban zone (also known as Ho Chi Minh City nowadays), we realize that:
• This area is located among three zones: the high Eastern South, the Western South delta and coastal salt marsh (Nha Be, Can Gio, Can Giuoc and Vam Lang).
• Waterways are playing a decisive role and Ho Chi Minh City has been developed in direction to wider flow, from smaller to larger rivers and then to the East Sea.
• In the early 90s, Central Government had proposed the development strategy for key Southern areas such as Ho Chi Minh city, Bien Hoa, Vung Tau. Soai Rap River is known as the edges of the triangle (Hồ Chí Minh, Biên Hòa, Vũng Tàu).
Mission: “Ho Chi Minh City moves forward to the East Sea”
3 strategic steps:
• Step 1: Start by researching, setting up investment projects and calling for investments from abroad to establish Tan Thuan export processing zone in the Southern Saigon area and Hiep Phuoc electricity factory in Nha Be district as known as a city located alongside Soai Rap River.
• Step 2: Research and set up investment projects and corporate to develop the Southern Saigon urban area in District 7 (separate from Nha Be District) well known as Phu My Hung new urban area.
• Step 3: Research schemes to develop Hiep Phuoc Port City Zone with an essential connected infrastructure system included Soai Rạp ship roads and Northern Central line of the city.
IPC’s Scope of Activities have operated specifically for investment, infrastructure of export processing zones and industrial zones, urban areas, navigation channel and deep water ports. Our resources are creative ideas and economic visions, using high qualification ability….Then combining scientific research with practical experiences, making ideas become potential projects. By that way, IPC has been becoming an effective equipment of Government to create a potential investment market that has been able to attract both domestic and foreign economic units to invest and develop local economy. IPC always put social and economic benefits together while processing development projects, contributing into the general economic growth of Ho Chi Minh, particularly the Southern part.